Bored of Dosa...try Cheela..The instant dosa made of Besan/gramflour needless to say delicious!
This one is another of my favourites for a breakfast.
2 Cups of Besan / Gramfour
1 1/4 cup of Water
1 cup spring onion
a Pinch of hing/Asafoetida
1/2 inch of grated ginger
1-2 Green Chillies
Oil to cook
Salt to taste
- Sieve the besan and mix it well with water until no lumps are there. The consistency should not be too thick or too thin..
- Finely chop the Spring onions and the green chillies.Add them to the Besan mix
- Also add the hing and grated ginger.
- Mix everything well
- Heat a girdle preferably a non-stick one.
- Spread oil on the girdle when its sufficiently heated incase its a non stick variety.
- Take a ladle full of the mix and spread over the girdle evenly as for a dosa/crepe.
- Allow it to cook. The sides will ease off easily when one side is done. Turn it over. Sprinkle more oil of needed.
Remove from stove and serve it hot with Pudina Chutney/Tomato ketchup.